It is your duty and responsibility to keep your devices safe and secure from the virus attacks by practicing smart internet skills. You can protect your devices by opening the attachments sent by people you trust and using the software such as McAfee. Regrettably, if McAfee is not working properly, it is common to encounter with virus attacks. As a result of virus attacks, the antivirus uses your entire RAM.
Here, in this article, you will get to learn the steps if your McAfee is slowing down your computer and becoming a memory hog. If you want to resolve any of your queries related to McAfee that is different from the topic to be discussed and then visit www.mcafee.com/activate.
How you can address the McAfee Memory Usage?
In this section, you will find out the steps to resolve the memory storage issues.
- Firstly, you need to check your task manager to see what is actually occupying space in the system. You see the “mcshield.exe” file as a usual culprit, this is the file that scans your device to check malicious programs. These are very helpful programs that eat up all your RAM storage.
- You need to be sure that security software is the most updated one. By running an outdated version of MacAfee antivirus not only leaves you with the risk of virus attacks but also means that you are not running the updated version. If you are operating software for the current year then it is important to download the updates on a regular basis. McAfee does have released patches that reduce memory usage.
- After this, you have to delete all the unnecessary functions. The McAfee runs a firewall that is not needed if you are secured with a firewall. This can make a room for a lot of memory and help the entire system to work fast.
- Look for the features that are interfering with McAfee. Go to your Google Desktop settings and then exclude McAfee from its indexing list, in case you think this is slowing down your PC. This can keep twp memory hogs from working together and creating a memory monster.
- Make sure you keep free space for memory. In the end, the most proficient antivirus programs such as McAfee have notorious memory hogs. You have to keep as much free memory space as possible by closing out the unused programs and systematically defragment your system. By keeping your RAM usage as crisp as possible, you can easily avoid the negative effects that McAfee uses.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Hopefully, the steps in this article are helping you to set the perimeter for McAfee storage space. If you have any issues related to the steps or you are stuck in between them, then it is an advice to visit mcafee.com/activate. On the McAfee’s support page, you will find out the Customer Support assistants to resolve your issues. You can post your queries or you can even chat with them.