If you want complete security for your device, you should install McAfee antivirus software. The security software is the most recommended and trusted when it comes to safeguarding your devices from virus and malware. With a wide range in protection products, McAfee prevents data loss and secures the operating devices. It also prevents online frauds, threats and data breaches, which can intervene while you deal with the security issue for your data. McAfee also provides a technical support team or customer support available 24*7 to assist you.
Be it a Windows, Mac or your Smartphone, you can secure them with McAfee. To purchase the McAfee product, you can visit mcafee.com/activate. The McAfee product is available in both ‘paid’ and ‘unpaid’ versions. The validity for the ‘unpaid’ or ‘trial’ version is of 30 days. If you decide to purchase the ‘paid’ version of McAfee, you have to look for the subscription details mentioned just below the products. Once you purchase the product considering the validity of the subscription set by you, it will ask you for the renewal of the subscription, if you want to purchase or extend the product. You can also choose the “auto-renewal”.
In the process to install McAfee on your devices you need to keep few things in mind for successful installation of McAfee antivirus. Below are the points to keep in mind:-
- In whichever device you want to install McAfee product, that device should have sufficient storage space.
- All the applications and the operating system, which are pre-installed on your device, should be updated.
- If any version of McAfee is already installed in your device, delete it.
- Check the specifications, whether the desired McAfee product is compatible with your device or not.
What are the steps to Install McAfee via mcafee.com/activate?
- Click on the “Download” folder.
- Note: Any downloaded software, files or folders will be displayed in the “Download” folder (by default), until unless you make the changes.
- Double click on “Mcafee Antivirus” file to access the software.
- You can now click on the setup or run the McAfee software depending upon the browser you use.
- The process is now started to install McAfee.
- The mcafee.com/activate will now ask for the McAfee Activation product key.
- Click on “Next” and follow instructions given on-screen.
- After you complete all the on-screen instructions, the installation process will be finished.
- The installation step can take some time, which completely depends upon the working speed of your computer, so be patient.
How you can fix McAfee Installation Error code 0?
When you install Mcafee security software on Windows, sometimes the installation fails with a message visible on-screen- “We are facing difficulty in installing McAfee programming due to the McAfee Error 0”. This specific error may occur due to the issues such as windows is not running effectively and reacts slowly to other input devices or you are already running a similar active program with error 0. This error arises when you install Mcafee product online (via mcafee.com/activate) or offline. You can fix this error by following steps, mentioned below:-
Reinstall your McAfee product again. In most of the cases, Mcafee product automatically gets repaired without any error. So retry once, maybe it gets installed this time.
You can run the “Preinstall tools”:-
- You have to download the “Preinstall tools”, now click and open “Pre-Install.exe” document.
- Go through the notification message and click “OK”.
- Click “OK”, after the entire establishment.
- Restart your PC.
- Try to reinstall the Mcafee item, when the PC restarts.
- Choose the desired item and install it.
Install or run MVT: MVT is a self-healing tool, which identifies and fixes the errors while you install Mcafee products. The McAfee Virtual Technician performs the following operations:
- The MVT scans the computer.
- It diagnoses and fixes problems.
- It replaces corrupt registry keys.
- MVT helps to restart any stopped McAfee services.
To install or run MVT in your computers, follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Visit mcafee.com/activate.
- Go to the Customer support section and click “Launch assistant”.
- Click and open “mvt.exe”, visible in Downloads.
- Now, select “Run” in the Security Warning window.
- In User Account Control window Select “Yes” to proceed.
- Your MVT installation completes.
Concluding this, you can say that, in order to protect and secure your information and details online, you must install the McAfee antivirus product by visiting mcafee.com/activate.