Some programs and applications are hard to remove than others and if you have landed here then you might probably wish to know the method to uninstall McAfee Windows 10. Sometimes, McAfee also becomes difficult to remove by the users leading them to opt for different methods to get rid of it. However, the simplest and most successful way of doing so is through Windows 10 settings applet.
There could be a number of reasons why you wish to do so. This might be because you want to install the latest McAfee updates on your device but unable to do so. Hence, you are thinking to uninstall it completely and then install it afresh. The second reason why you need to learn how to remove McAfee is that it came pre-installed on your device but you want another software.
If the settings menu of Windows 10 doesn’t seem to help, then you may opt for another method i.e. McAfee uninstall tool.
Steps to uninstall McAfee from Windows 10
(Note: in case there a number of McAfee programs on your device, you need to remove all of them to get rid of the software completely. Do the removal process one by one.)
- Either directly go to the ‘Settings’ menu
- Or, search for it using the search bar
- After selecting Settings, click on the ‘Apps’ option.
- Now, using the search box, type ‘McAfee’ in it.
- Next, select the desired McAfee product you wish to remove and then select ‘Uninstall’.
- To confirm your action, you need to select the ‘Uninstall’ option again.
If Windows asks for your permission once again, select ‘Continue’ to move further in the installation process. After the uninstall process completes, you may close the Settings window. If there are other McAfee products, you need to repeat the same procedure for them. Once you remove all the McAfee programs, do not forget to restart your system.
How to uninstall McAfee on Windows 10 using McAfee Removal Tool?
Sometimes, you cannot remove certain programs using the Settings menu or another basic method. In such a scenario, there is a McAfee uninstall tool which lets you do so easily. To use the tool, follow the steps given below:
- From the official website of McAfee, download the MCPR tool.
- Here, MCPR means McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool.
- Once the tool gets downloaded, double-click on it to run the software.
- In the next step, you need to select the ‘Yes, Continue’ option.
- Now, select the ‘Run’ option when a security warning message appears on your screen.
- Then, the tool will open and then select ‘Next’.
- On the EULA page, select ‘Agree’.
- Complete the Captcha or security validation process.
Wait until the tool does its work and completes the uninstall process to uninstall McAfee Windows 10 completely. If you come across hurdles while doing so, you may need to reset your system and change its settings to default. More Information:- Mcafee.com/activate.