McAfee has been the choice of everyone for the past many years because it has varied features such as a two-way protection system, firewall, a secure VPN and much more. All these features, when combined together result in something that is very much needed for the protection of our systems. Since it is possible that your system may get infected with malicious files and a folder, having an antivirus to fight against them is the need of the hour.
These malicious files are sent intentionally to our computer systems so that the hackers could easily get their hands on our data. Their presence can cause massive damage to our computer by corrupting all our personal data stored on it. But all these threats can be eliminated if we use antivirus software available at mcafee.com/activate. The presence of the McAfee firewall on our systems allows us to create and manage access permissions for certain programs. This helps your computer in protecting it from unauthorized programs that may cause further problems.
Why should you disable the McAfee firewall?
Sometimes, a user adjusts the settings of the firewall in such a manner that it starts preventing trusted networks from being connected to our computer. In case a user needs to use these networks for running a program he would not be able to it. McAfee firewall may interrupt their connection or it may become corrupt itself as well. In this situation, it is better to disable/turn-off the firewall. Also, a firewall could result in slowing down of our computer. To get rid of this problem, you should turn-off the firewall as soon as possible.
Steps to turn-off firewall protection
Follow the steps to disable mcafee firewall protection which you have enabled earlier to protect your system and now you need to disable it because of certain reasons:
- Open your Windows device and navigate to its taskbar and locate “McAfee”.
- When the SecurityCenter window opens, click on the option that reads as “Web and Email Protection”.
- Now, you have to click on the option that says “Firewall: On”.
- This is the main steps and here you have to click on the “Turn-Off” button.
- When windows display a dialog box for the confirmation to disable the firewall, click on the drop-down menu of “When do you want to resume Firewall”.
- Form here, you have to select the desired and appropriate option.
- Finally, click on the “Turn Off” option followed by “Done”.
This completes the process to turn off the firewall protection. You can enable it whenever you feel the need to restrict some networks or programs. Turning off a firewall might land you in trouble. Hence, you are advised to not to turn it off so often. If you do so, do not forget to enable it for the hassle-free working of your computer system. For more help or information, you can always visit the official website of McAfee.