Before discussing how to enroll and login to McAfee Identity Theft Protection downloaded via mcafee.com/activate it is essential to know what it actually is. It is a security suite offered by McAfee to protect you against many kinds of threats that are lurking around us in many forms. Below are given some of the significant features and services that are provided with McAfee Identity Theft Protection:
- Cyber Monitoring – monitors websites and data points, and alerts you if your personal information is compromised.
- Social Media Monitoring – monitors your social media networks for any privacy or reputational risks.
- Change of Address – alerts you if your mail has been gone through any portal other than your country.
- Lost Wallet – provides assistance when you lose your wallet. It contacts banks and cancels the credit cards by contacting the authoritative agencies.
- ID Restoration – helps with traditional credit report restoration and non-credit restoration.
- Reimbursement Coverage – offers reimbursement to its valuable customers for expenses they incurred because of identity theft.
- Credit Score Updates–this option allows you to view the change in your credit score on a monthly basis.
- Court and Criminal Records–alerts you of any criminal activity booked with your name so that you can take action against it.
How to enroll for Identity Theft Protection?
You can enroll through the standalone of any of your McAfee products. You can either do it through your account on www.mcafee.com/activate or using your McAfee product. To enroll for the service, do the following:
Sign-up through your McAfee Account
- Go to mcafee.com/activate account and click on the “My Account” option.
- From the page you are redirected to, click on the “Sign In” option through which you can easily get enrolled for identity theft protection.
- Here, type in your login credentials such as registered email address and password in the provided space and then click on the “Log In” option.
- Navigate to the Access your identity theft protection panel and then click on the “Get started” option.
- Open your registered email and then click on the “Activate Now” option.
- When you are redirected to the McAfee Identity Theft Protection screen, accept the License Agreement and Privacy Notice.
- In this step, tap on“Create Account” button.
- You have now successfully signed up to said.
Once you successfully sign up to the account of McAfee Identity Theft Protection, it is the time to log in to enjoy the services provided by it.
Log in through your McAfee Account for Identity Theft Protection
- Open your browser and navigate to www.mcafee.com/activate page.
- In this step, click on the “My Account” option that is visible on your screen.
- From the page you are redirected to, click on the “Sign In” option and type in your login credentials.
- Now, you have to enter your Identity Theft Protection User ID in the provided space.
- After this, enter the Identity Theft Protection password and then tap on “Sign In”.
Configure the settings of McAfee Identity Theft Protection settings accordingly. If you don’t want to use any of its features or services, you can easily turn them off. For more information about McAfee and its products, visit the Official website or navigate to the support section of the website.